Friday, February 11, 2011

Valentine's Day Cupcakes

Here are some Valentine's Day cupcakes that I wanted to share with all of you. I hope you like them! I used my new polka dot patterned cupcake wrappers and I think they look super cute. I'm a sucker for anything polka dotted!


Next up are ribbon rose cupcakes. I love to make ribbon roses because they are super easy to make but they give a nice whimsical look to a cupcake or cake. Stay tuned I will do a tutorial on how to make these cute roses in the next couple of weeks!





Two hearts!








I love these glitter letters. They look even better in person. I took fondant letters that I cut out and let them dry a little until firm enough to pick up. Then I painted on some Crisco to each letter (you can use piping gel as well but Crisco is less sticky). Next on a piece of computer paper I laid each letter out and sprinkles disco dust heavily over each one. Then tap each letter off and arrange them however you want on your cake or cupcakes. Lastly just take the paper fold in half to make a funnel and collect all let over disco duct back into your container. Super easy!




I hope you enjoyed these cute Valentine's Day cupcakes. Let me know which ones are your favorites! 

No comments: