Tuesday, March 27, 2012

National Capital Area Cake Show 2012

This past weekend I was able to stop by the National Capital Area Cake show in northern VA. I did not have the opportunity to enter a cake myself, but I always like to go and see other peoples great talent. The theme for the wedding cakes this year was bags or purses. Each entrant had to select a purse to design their cake around. I didn't stay to see who won the competition, but I certainly had my favorites.


I love the neutral tones of this cake!. It is very well executed.

Lots of stringwork!
Such a fun pattern.



This cake was my favorite. it showed a wide range of techniques, and of course the peacock is stunning! This would have been my choice for winner, but again I am not sure who took home the gold.
Close-up of the gorgeous bird.
Hope you enjoyed a look at some of the best cakes in the area. I think that this show is the best show around, and always like to try to go if I have the opportunity. Stay tuned next week as I bring you some of the cakes from the divisional category.

2 comments:

Janice said...

That peacock is amazing. I also like the black and silver stripe one with the line of flowers down the side.

Great, now I want cake.

Kristina - Fairfield CT DJ said...

Wow! That peacock cake is really amazing and fantastic. The bakers are really creative. Thanks for sharing.